IfA are delighted to announce that we will be hosting a panel discussion at Groundswell 2021. The event, which will be one of the first physical agricultural events of the year, is taking place on the 23rd & 24th June. As well as having a trade stand in our usual spot, IfA will be kicking off the first day at 10am with our panel discussion ‘Animals to Arable: The holy grail of the golden hoof?’.
Building on the keen interest from our 2020 conference Animals to Arable, which saw over 100 farmers come together to explore this concept, this panel discussion will explore the benefits and barriers to the reintroduction of livestock across UK arable farms.
From our 3-year research study into the barriers for improving soil health, we have identified several factors contributing to the resistance associated with the reintroduction of livestock. The panel will explore this rational with discussion, personal experiences and debate.
This discussion will develop in the spirit of groundswell, open to debate, but led with the facts and experiences from farmers and specialists who have direct experience of the subject.
The panel members are:
- Stephen Briggs – Chairman and Soil Specialist
- Tom Chapman - Grazing Specialist/ Regenerative Farmer
- Joanna Franklin – Regenerative Farmer with grazing livestock
- David Miller – Regenerative Farmer currently choosing not to integrate livestock
- Liz Genever - Innovate Farmers, Lucerne Field Lab Co-ordinator
We very much look forward to seeing you there!